Songsmiths Terms and Conditions
By submitting an audition (audio of video) to Songsmiths, you agree to the following:
- You are an unsigned singer / songwriter (and guitar or piano player, ideally with pop/rock leanings). It’s okay if you’re in a band.
- Do not download Songsmiths videos from YouTube (it’s against their rules). You will be given the links you need to share your video and add it to a website.
- Use #SongsmithsSA, @SongsmithsSA and @TheCooler tags where relevant when posting on social media.
- Songsmiths can use your image (photos, videos) to promote you and the Songsmiths platform.
- You own your song. I (Rob Luce / Cooler Productions) own any audio and/or video recordings produced at The Cooler.
- Entrants and “winners” (those chosen for production/promotion) are responsible for securing their own transport to the studio in Northcliff, Johannesburg. Initially the competition will only be promoted in Gauteng to simplify travel requirements for participants.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult when they come to the studio.
- Cooler Productions has the first option to sign Songsmiths “winners” to a recording deal.
- If your are chosen for development and additional musicians (besides you and Rob) are required to complete production of your song, it will be for your account. This is why you should be able to write, sing and play!
- Please check these terms regularly as they are subject to change.