Songsmiths’ second single – “I Will Never Forget” by Ed Privat – is also the subject of our first remix contest. The SoundCloud player below contains the stems you will need to get started on your remix. Download the stems, do what you gotta do to get your creative juices flowing, then create something that will make Monsieur Privat shake his derriere.
How To Enter
Email an mp3 of your remix to Songsmiths by July 15, 2018. Include your contact details and links to your social media profiles. We will review your entry, share the best remixes with our audience then announce the winner on July 18, 2018.
Please read the following legal stuff before entering the contest.
- No payment or purchase is necessary to enter or win this remix contest.
- Entrants must be a human 18 years of age or older.
- Songsmiths may revise these Terms & Conditions and/or cancel, modify or suspend the remix contest without prior notice. Such changes will be made public on this website and/or other official social media channels controlled by Songsmiths.
- Only enter remixes of “I Will Never Forget” by Ed Privat will be accepted.
- The lyrics of the song must be the same as the original to be valid for the contest.
- Do not use any third party content in your remix.
- Ed Privat will maintain ownership of the song for the duration of the applicable copyright.
- Rob Luce of Songsmiths will maintain ownership of the master recording for the duration of the applicable copyright.
- When entries close, Ed Privat and Rob Luce will choose the best remixes to share publicly, then the final winner
- The winner will be asked for his/ her contact details so that we may communicate regarding the release of the remixed track.
- There will be only one winner at the end of the contest. The winner of the contest gets 20% ownership of the remix master and publicity on Songsmiths’ website and social media channels. We will release the remix on all major online music platforms.
- Any entrant providing false information within the context of the contest (e.g. flase identity, mailing address, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Official Rules) will be eliminated from the contest and banned from participating in any future contests organized by Songsmiths.
- Songsmiths further reserves the right to disqualify any entry we believe infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, or the rights related to the song itself.
- By entering this contest, you agree that any intellectual property, including, without limitation, works of copyright, created in connection with the entry, will be wholly owned by Robert H Luce, and that Mr. Luce may exploit the works in any and all media, now or in the future.
- You may download, reproduce, edit, and create derivative works from the provided stems to create an original audio remix. The copyright and all other rights, title and interest in and to the stems and any underlying musical compositions embodied in them provided by Songsmiths, are owned and controlled by RH Luce and Ed Privat.
- The stems are provided for the sole purpose of this contest. No further rights are granted in the Stems or are vested in you by the act of downloading the stems.
- Songsmiths is not liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
- Songsmiths reserves the right to dismiss anyone from the contest for any of the aforementioned reasons.
- Songsmiths reserves the rights to not award the prizes when none of the entries meet the stated criteria or our quality standards.
- Songsmiths takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any omissions, acts or damages that may result from the preparing of materials to submit to this contest
- Participants may not infringe or violate any third party’s right (e.g. downloading and using the stems illegally or for personal use).
- Submitting remix links that contain viruses or spyware will result in disqualification from the contest.
- Participants may not use content he/she is not entitled to (e.g. other copyrighted samples or songs).